Note: this page replaces the former webpage entitled “INHS Center for Annelida Resources’, previously linked from: https://inhs.illinois.edu/~mjwetzel/mjw.inhsCAR.html
This web-based second edition of Nomenclatura Oligochaetologica was launched on Monday, 6 January, 2014.
Note: several sites listed below ** are being updated, reformatted and moved to new servers.
This extensive site provides an authoritative and comprehensive list of names of marine organisms (and now being expanded to also include freshwater taxa), including information on synonymy. While the highest priority goes to valid names, other names in use are included so that this register can serve as a guide to interpret taxonomic literature. [read more about WoRMS ]
Usage of data from WoRMS in scientific publications should be acknowledged by citing as follows:
- Classification and checklist of freshwater oligochaetes occurring in North America north of Mexico
- Classification and checklist of freshwater oligochaetes occurring in the State of Florida, USA **
- Classification and checklist of the leeches (Annelida, Clitellata, Hirudinida) occurring in North America
- The Enchytraeidae and Propappidae (Annelida, Clitellata, Enchytraeida) of North America **
- List of marine species in the Family Enchytraeidae (Annelida, Clitellata, Enchytraeida) **
- Aquatic Annelida of Illinois
- Earthworms (Annelida, Crassiclitellata) of Illinois
- Springs of Illinois
- The Aquatic Oligochaetes of Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- The Aquatic oligochaetes of the Colorado River and its tributaries, Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
- Nomenclatura Oligochaetologica – a catalogue of names, descriptions, and type specimens of the Oligochaeta. Editio Secunda.
- Bibliography of Aquatic Annelida – 1993 through 2010 **
- Bibliography on Aquatic Annelida – 2011 through 2018 **
- Journal Megadrilogica
- Cumulative Index to volumes and issues in the Journal Megadrilogica
- Annelida Conferences and Symposia **
- Links to Other Annelida Resources Via the World Wide Web **
- Annelidan Aphorisms: Vermes in Time **
Methods for the Study of Segmented Worms (Annelida)
We are now preparing content for the titles of pages listed below that will summarize recommended methodologies for field collection, preservation, laboratory processing, identification, and archiving of annelid specimens and their associated data.
| Aquatic oligochaete worms | Terrestrial oligochaetes (earthworms) |
| Leeches | Polychaete worms (including Aeolosomatida) |
| Literature Cited and Pertinent References for the above sites |
* This page replaces the former webpage entitled “IHNS Center for Annelida Resources’, formerly linked from this URL: https://inhs.illinois.edu/~mjwetzel/mjw.inhsCAR.html
Friendly disclaimer: Updates to this site continue; most of the information has been transferred to this page from previously active websites I established in the early- and mid-1990s (and continue to maintain). Thus, you will likely experience redundant visits to several sites as you navigate through the linkages, above. A few of the above sites have been static for a while; these will be updated when transferred to live links from this page. If you experience a broken link (that is, are not directed to an active site, but rather a splash page that states something similar to ‘Page Not Found”, or “Oops! That page can’t be found”, please let me know about this. If you know of sites associated with annelid resources that are not included above, please send the link to me. Thank you for your interest. – mjw mjwetzel[AT]illinois.edu
[page update: 09oct2022; 01Jan,05April2023; mjw]